Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Here's Some Dances

Hey everyone

tomorrow morning I am leaving for a month on tour. I am really excited to be running around the country and seeing one of my favorite bands ever ever ever play every night and getting to see the children so happy to see them too.

since it will be a hectic time I probably will not post anything here until october but I know you will forgive me because today I want to tell you about the greatest CD of 2007: Home Schooled: The ABCs of Kid Soul

it is a collection of soul songs performed by kids, maybe you liked that Foster Sylvers song or maybe you like the Jackson 5. Or that Yum Yums song "Gonna Be a Big Thing." This collection of songs will touch the same place in your heart and 17 times over. I feel overwhelmed by how magical this music is. The CD was issued by The Numero Group, who put out those Eccentric Soul comps and that Ladies From the Canyon which also rules but this is simply the best. I have a reputation for driving my travelling companions insane by repeating the same music over and over, but I think this one will make everyone eternally happier and am so glad to have this just in time to drive ten thousand miles.

Anyway, go buy the CD, or the 2LP or you can even download it off their website. Enjoy and remember that I miss you and want to see you soon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found out you were here from Mary... You rule and I'll miss you.
-Rob

Jordana said...

Wait does one of us still own that "Jr and his Soulettes" record? Remember how skull-crushing "Mama luv tequilla" would get? So precious. Do the boys you're with sing-along? I believe your earnest can make it happen - 17 tracks of it - by the end of September.

Jordana said...

whoa I didn't know you had to approve comments. Maybe you like email floods.
Butt
butt
butt
toast
homework avoidance
Last night someone was shocked that you are older than I am.
The next message will say, "I'm going to wear your pants today."

Jordana said...

I changed my mind.

katerina said...

i didnt know you had this. secrets are fun, but finding out is better. nice time yesterday, nice times.